Parenting tip for your young ones will help them stay confident. Remember your good old days of school when you would shiver with the mere thought of moving over to new school. Kids have a fear of unknown and a deep sense of missing old friends and schoolmates. You have to tell them that there is only one thing permanent, and that is change. Here are few Parenting tip to see that your kid goes through the transition happily.
1.Parenting tips to keep them involved in discussions
It’s not only the kids, you would also be having curious questions. Keep the kid beyond the blurred line of thinking and keep him in positive frame of mind. The studies acclaim that mostly, parents are more tensed in such situations. Give him a pep talk to be ready for challenges by winning over the apprehensions. This is how you can prepare him.
- Start discussing with the child much before this actually happens
- Show your zeal for this move over.
- Involve your child to write a wish list he wants in the new school. Not only about school but also about new home and playgrounds etc.
- Tell him to list out his worries on a paper, then discuss each point.
- Make a list of schools in the area you are moving and discuss each and its high and low facets. This will be a better choice if you can go to each school with the kid, before he is enrolled.
2.Before moving on to new school talk to old school teachers and principal
Inform them about your compulsion and discuss aspects to your child’s orientation. To bolster the kid’s preparations the following can be done.
Let the kid have memorable with old school pals and start using these parenting tips.
- Tell your kid to make a scrapbook with various old school memories, schoolmates photos and activities.
- Ask for the best collection of your child’s work for new school, this will work as a reference to your child’s abilities.
- Make a list of kid’s friends, old school teachers telephone numbers.
- Also donate the uniform and plan a farewell party.
3.In new school make a good beginning for your kid
- Talk to the principal of new school
- Discuss how your child can adjust to the school, ask for his inputs and help he can extend by making child comfortable by introducing to some good kid.
- Walk with kid to see the school landmarks such as classroom, library, canteen etc.
Making a check- list of what to do, these parenting tips will help your child to find footing in new school easy.